Клоун дня. Отжиг дня.
2,882,843 5,955

Савин ( Слушатель )
10 сен 2016 09:54:06

Последня надежда Земли

новая дискуссия Дискуссия  124

В своих речах Клинтон не устает зажигать:

Цитата: Цитата«Соединенные Штаты — исключительная нация. Я считаю, что мы, как говорил Линкольн, по-прежнему последняя, лучшая надежда Земли», — подчеркнула Клинтон. Она также привела высказывания бывшего президента Рональда Рейгана, сравнившего Соединенные Штаты с «сияющим городом на холме», а также брата Джона Кеннеди Роберта, назвавшего США «великой, бескорыстной, милосердной страной».

Цитата: ЦитатаThe United States is an exceptional nation. I believe we are still Lincoln’s last, best hope of Earth. We’re still Reagan’s shining city on a hill. We’re still Robert Kennedy’s great, unselfish, compassionate country.

Ну и развертывает мысль об исключительности (в качестве ответа Путину-Трампу). Вкратце, если Америке кирдык, то и всем кирдык.
На буржуйском:

In fact, when Vladimir Putin, of all people, criticized American exceptionalism, my opponent agreed with him, saying, and I quote, “if you’re in Russia, you don’t want to hear that America is exceptional.” Well maybe you don’t want to hear it, but that doesn’t mean it’s not true.

My opponent misses something important. When we say America is exceptional, it doesn’t mean that people from other places don’t feel deep national pride, just like we do. It means that we recognize America’s unique and unparalleled ability to be a force for peace and progress, a champion for freedom and opportunity. Our power comes with a responsibility to lead, humbly, thoughtfully, and with a fierce commitment to our values.
Because, when America fails to lead, we leave a vacuum that either causes chaos or other countries or networks rush in to fill the void. So no matter how hard it gets, no matter how great the challenge, America must lead. The question is how we lead. What kind of ideas, strategies, and tactics we bring to our leadership. American leadership means standing with our allies because our network of allies is part of what makes us exceptional.
No other country in the world has alliances like ours. Russia and China have nothing close. We stand with our allies because generations of American troops fought and died to secure those bonds, and because they deliver for us every day. Our allies share intelligence on terrorists.

http://time.com/4474…on-speech/
  • +0.08 / 6
  • АУ
ОТВЕТЫ (1)

Mozgun ( Слушатель )
10 сен 2016 10:09:48

Каждые примерно сто лет очередной "исключительный" лидер собирает под знамена своей "несомненно исключительной нации" очередной союз и идет на Россию с исключительно гуманитарными военными действиями. Потом их потомки с дрожью в сфинктерах это вспоминают, и долго восстанавливают свою "исключительность".
История учит тому что никто ничего в ней не учит.
  • +0.21 / 19
  • АУ